FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Los Angeles, CA April, 2009
Just in time for the 2009 Global Marijuana March, HEMP FOR VICTORY: THE WONDER HERB is available for a limited time as a free ebook at the museum’s site. The result of decades of research by the USA Hemp Museum's founder and curator Richard M. Davis, this work makes a comprehensive and compelling case that proves hemp’s effectiveness as medicine and a great source of delicious nutrition. The book is the answer to the call for more research on medical hemp. Medical marijuana has been proven effective as medicine as it's been in use for more than 5,000 years. This book offers some of the many chapters and verses on the subject.
From images of hemp under a microscope (page 58) to the big picture view in his struggle to grow and use hemp freely in “Why I am Suing The State” (page 180), this book is a one stop answer to the question ‘is hemp an effective medicine and nutritious food source?’ Davis proves in this book that the answer is a resounding YES HEMP HEALS.
Among the many exhibits in the book that make the case are:
· Harvard’s Dr. Lester Grinspoon’s testimony before the Crime Subcommittee of Judiciary Committee to the US House of Representatives in 1997 (page 60) and Dr. Grinspoon’s paper Marijuana As Wonder Drug (page 17).
· Dr. Tod H. Mikuriya, MD’s list of hemp’s documented 250 medical uses (page 53).
· Physicians Desk Reference For Herbal Medicine Cannabis Sativa (page 238) on hemp as medicine and what they know it’s good for.
· Hemp patient, author and publisher Peter McWilliams “Medical Marijuana & Me.” (page 82) and Why Was Peter McWilliams Murdered? By Paul Krassner (page 87). The book is dedicated to McWilliams.
· J. Nayer Hardin’s research regarding hemp as a medical tool for World Trade Center illness (page 94)
· Many books for further research on medical hemp’s effectiveness. (page 218)
HEMP FOR VICTORY: THE WONDER HERB is the second in Davis’ series, the first being HEMP FOR VICTORY: A GLOBAL WARMING SOLUTION,
Visit USA Hemp Museum
A private museum with a virtual wing - http://www.hempmuseum.org/
About The Author
Richard M. Davis is the USA Hemp Museum’s founder, curator and resident hempologist. He’s known in California for his growing skills and his love of and dedication to restoring the hemp plant to its rightful role in nature. He is authoring a series of books based on his respected website www.hempmuseum.org/ dedicated to the successful WWII program HEMP FOR VICTORY. The series is built as a blueprint for how we can use hemp to help us solve our problems now.
Davis holds a Masters Degree in Biology from California State University at Los Angeles and attended the School of Public Health at UCLA for four years under a US Public Health Service Fellowship. He was named High Times Freedom Fighter in February, 1995. He is still fighting for nature to be legal again.
Davis’ website, http://www.hempmuseum.org/ contains images, papers, webeos (web videos) and other items and information. Links to hard copies of his first two books in the series are:
HEMP FOR VICTORY: A GLOBAL WARMING SOLUTION
HEMP FOR VICTORY: THE WONDER HERB