Los Angels City Council Marijuana Decision Is Illegal
FOR IMMEDIATE COMMUNITY AND PRESS RELEASE
Richard M. Davis
Founder & Curator, USA Hemp Museum
Los Angeles, CA Hemp Hero Richard M. Davis, USA Hemp Museum’s founder and curator, author, hemp farmer and activist, is taking on the corrupt Los Angeles City Council’s decision to close down all but 100 medical marijuana dispensaries. The press and public are invited to his museum, 1358 S. Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA every Saturday and Sunday, 12 noon-6 p.m. for a free museum tour. Discuss and implement effective ways to implement the hemp solution to our problems now.
Davis contends that despite a recent court ruling, the Council voted to take medicine away from sick people while turning the market over to 100 of their “lottery winners”. He said “Once again, the City Council is in violation of the Will Of The People. Their decision to shut down over 600 legal dispensaries, store front and mobile, is a violation of the July 2, 2012 Second Circuit Court decision (Los Angeles County Super. Ct. No. BC457089) regarding Prop 215, SB 420 and Health and Safety Code section 11362.5 is an obtuse abomination. The court’s decision reads:
‘We conclude state law preempts County’s ban. - DISPOSITION - The order granting a preliminary injunction is reversed, our stay of the injunction is dissolved when the remittitur issues from this court, and the matter is remanded for further proceedings consistent with this opinion. Defendants are entitled to their costs on appeal.” So who do they think they are? In light of the above decision, the council’s vote to close down most of the marijuana dispensaries reeks of all forms of corruption.” Davis is asking the City Council to answer these questions for the people:
Richard M. Davis teaching April Akuna
at THC Cup, July 2012
1. Have you considered how many dispensary jobs will be lost as a result of your closing down not only over 600 legal marijuana dispensaries but stifling the growth of the mobile hemp industry? What about the many service jobs lost?
2. Have you considered the monopolies you will be creating among the 100 lucky lottery winners of dispensary owners? How do we know that the lottery is not fixed to match contributions/bribes or other in kind donations?
3. What about the Angelinos comfortable with their dispensary team that knows their case and condition, being forced to stand on even longer lines?
4. What about the children who depend on their parent’s dispensary jobs for their education, their very lives? What message does it send them?
5. What benefit is it to the City Council members to impose these limitations? Could it be graft? Is it time to do the right thing and submit your resignations?
Davis’ three books in his HEMP FOR VICTORY series A GLOBAL WARMING SOLUTION, THE WONDER HERB and THE TRILLION DOLLAR CROP are available on amazon. He has appeared on the History Channel and other media as a go to guy on this subject. “The hemp solution can help with so many problems like Fukushima, world hunger, global warming, medical conditions, crashing economies and so much more. Peter McWilliams said in his great book title DO IT!” For more on the court decision and the 50,000 plus other uses for the miraculous marijuana plant, come by the USA Hemp Museum. Private and group tours by appointment". ###