Water purification systems that transform ocean water into drinking water, built and powered with hemp, financed by a recreational grade hemp tax, are how to solve this problem. Instead we're told to be in fear as this simple solution remains illegal in the US. Los Angeles, Phoenix, New Orleans, Miami, Washington, New York, Boston and other cities can process ocean water into clean water efficiently, economically and abundantly from this quickly grown, easily renewable, wind pollinated weed. A secondary benefit is to take the strain off of our river system so they can heal. For example, the Colorado River seems to be dying feeding Las Vegas, Phoenix and Los Angeles' clean water needs.
Are you tired of the tail wagging the dog yet? It's as if the old 'city vs. country dweller', 'them vs. us', 'divide and conquer' battle lines are being drawn.
From an excellent article in AZCentral
Farms looked at as water resources vanish
"But if farmers go out of business, the crops they sold in Arizona would be imported from another state or country. As their water is claimed by new development, cities would lose the backup water source, which would become more important if droughts worsen as predict.
In 2007 and 2008, a group of water managers, farm-industry representatives and university researchers traveled Arizona asking farmers about the future of agriculture. The farmers were clearly worried.
"They were concerned about having enough water for the future," said Chris Udall, executive director of the Agribusiness Council of Arizona, a group that works to protect farmers' water rights. "There are a lot of farmers who want to stay in business.""
Don't fall for the lie. We are in this together and together we can fix this. We are limited only by our imaginations, which are vast.
There is plenty of water on the planet. We just need to show it some hemped love to transform it into safe drinking water. Though there will be extensive discussion on this subject in future blog entries, here's the short strokes on how hemp can help the world avert a water shortage.
- Distill / desalinate or otherwise purify ocean water into clean water on ocean site or in the town/city.
- Use Hempcrete (hemp cement - email@example.com ) to build aqueducts from the ocean to the water purification plants.
- Use locally grown (on government land when possible for further savings) hemp building materials to construct and stock the water plant and system, i.e hemp paper, fabrics, furnishings, etc.
- Run the water plant on hemp energy including biofuel and biomass.
- Repair or rebuild sewage infrastructure with hemp materials including hemp plastic pipes. Seal all sewer tanks. Take advantage of the upgrade further by replacing home pipes that are rusting with new hemp plastic pipes and fixtures.
- Make air and water filters from hemp, both at the plant and at the end user/citizen point.
- In addition to hemp medicine, a hemp empowered abundant water supply will also assist folks with health care by using what's called THE WATER CURE hydrotherapy.
- Finance the operation from the abundant funds from a 20% recreational grade (based on THC content) hemp tax.